One of the biggest questions that I get on a daily basis is: How do I get more likes on Poshmark? It doesn’t surprise me since the Price Drop Notification Feature made its claim to fame when people started realizing that dropping their prices would make them major bucks by notifying all the people that liked the item, thus generating more sales. But ultimately, how do you get people to like your stuff enough to sell it to them?
If you don’t know about ‘likes’ or what they actually mean in the whole grand scheme of things, start here & read up, then you can follow along.
I work in sales currently, and the number one thing that I tell people is that the product brings the audience in. If you got a product that people want, they’re gonna buy it. Simple as that. If you’ve got a product that you know people will want (meaning it’s not on the prohibited list on Poshmark) then generally your goal is to get as many people to look at your item as possible, which will in turn, not only get people to ‘like’ it, but to also share it and potentially buy it.
Just to let you know, there’s no magical hack for this one, you’re going to have to work on it. Sorry! But if you do these I promise, you will get more attention on your listings!
- Take a good hard look at your listing. If you saw it, would you buy it? Don’t half ass your cover shots, you know what you need to do to make it look better. Iron your shit, get some good lighting, and clean yo shit up. Period.
- Pricing. Price to sell, but if your plan is to Drop It Like It’s Hot then price reasonably high, not ridiculously high. People will typically ‘like’ something if they want it, but can’t afford it. So they’ll save it for later.
- Share your own closet. You can share to your followers, or to a party. I personally don’t know anyone who shops parties, but I know a TON of people that share to it. One of the best things that you can do, is share to your social media profiles. Facebook groups, Pinterest, Instagram (set one up just for shopping, not your personal one), and twitter all have very valuable outlets of getting your product out there. Also to bringing people in to shop on Poshmark which will also lead to Posh Credit for you!Another thing to point out, is that if you share your own item, what it does is that it puts your item at the top of the list of searches. So when people search for your item, then yours will appear at the top.
- Don’t ‘like’ a bunch of people’s items just so they can ‘like’ yours back. This system works on other social sites like Instagram and Twitter, but here on Poshmark, it doesn’t really go too far. You’re not looking for people to randomly like your items, you want genuinely interested people who want to buy your stuff. Also, it messes up your shopping experience when you like items that you don’t want, then seeing similar items that you liked show up on your feed.
- Promote your closet as a whole. Promoting your closet is another way to get people to shop on there. I have a blog where people can shop my closet by clicking on an item on the side panel. You can do the same by sharing on different outlets to draw people onto your Poshmark closet. Business cards, flyers, car stickers, Facebook Ads are all valid ways to get people to your closet.
Those are all ways that my little Poshfilled brain can think of for now. If you have another way of getting people to like your items, please put it down in the comments below so we can all collaborate ideas and help each other out!
- How many likes do you build up to before you drop your prices?
- What are some reasons why you ‘like’ items? Because they’re pretty? Because you want to buy it? Save it for someone?
- Do you always buy items that you ‘like’?